IPAL by ALCAD - Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions of the mobile application "IPAL by ALCAD"
"IPAL by ALCAD" is the call forwarding and home automation control application of the IPAL system ("the Application") of Alcad Electronics S.L. (“Alcad”), a company registered at Polígono Arreche-Ugalde, nº1, Apdo. 455, 20305 Irun, Gipuzkoa, Spain (www.alcadelectronics.com).
2. Definition of keywords
IPAL's "Call forwarding and home automation control service" allows you to always be connected to your Alcad intercom as well as to the home automation devices and sensors of the IPAL range installed in your home / business.
"Alcad" is the company that offers the "Call forwarding and home automation control service" to the user.
"License" is the serial number or identification code or QR code that contains a series of alphanumeric characters and that the user possesses, to whom it is unequivocally associated, and that is used for the authentication of the Call Forwarding Service and home automation control.
“IPAL” is the video door entry system and home automation control with IP technology installed in the user's home / business.
"IPAL by ALCAD" is a free application that is available for iOS and Android in the Apple Store and Google Play, respectively.
"Material" is all the information, video messages, data, text, music, sound, photographs and graphics, their selection and arrangement, and all source codes, software compilations and other material contained in the Application or available through it.
"Trademarks" are the trademarks, service marks and logos included in the Application owned by Alcad.
"User" is the person who intends to use the service and accepts these Conditions.
“User Receiver Unit” is IPAL's internal audio / video unit (commonly called a home terminal or monitor).
"Visitor Call Unit" is IPAL's external call unit (commonly called a street panel).
3. “IPAL by ALCAD” application
The "Call forwarding and home automation control service" can only be accessed by scanning the QR code present in the home terminal settings menu using the corresponding function in the Application (*). Before doing so, you must create an account by registering in the Application with an email address that you own.
The Application allows you to perform the following functions:
- Easily link your mobile device with a home terminal by means of a secure QR code scan accessible from the Terminal Settings menu. You will need to create a user account easily using your own email address.
- Receive calls made to the linked home monitor from any entrance panel or external unit of the installation, being able to communicate by audio and video with the visitor from a remote location (**).
- Monitor all the entrance panels of the same installation / project, being able to carry out direct video and audio communication with the aforementioned panel.
- Door opening: by monitoring or during the course of a call received by a visitor.
- Receive the alarms triggered in the linked home terminal.
- Control the home automation devices installed in the linked home terminal.
- Control the home automation scenes installed in the linked home terminal.
- Activate and deactivate "push" notifications from the APP on your smartphone or Tablet.
- Make and receive direct calls from the concierge.
- Select the languages: Spanish, English and French.
- Be able to link up to 8 smartphones / tablets per home / apartment per account to receive audio and video calls, as well as remote opening of the building / home door during the call (***).
- Be able to link 1 smartphone / Tablet and master account per home / apartment for complete control of the home automation functions installed in the main home terminal (reception of alarm notifications, control of IPAL home automation devices, control of programmed scenes).
- The call forwarding service and home automation control of the APP requires a Wi-Fi connection from the monitor (KABI7 or MVC-230 and KABI10 or MVC-250) to a network with internet access (not included in the installation), which may be a Home / property own connection, without the need for a community connection.
(*) Note 1: ALCAD does not guarantee the complete or partial functionality of the Application in all mobile terminals on the market. The validation tests of the Application carried out by Alcad with different operating systems of smartphones and tablets, indicate compatibility with Android 6.0 or higher operating systems, and iOS 9.0 or higher.
(**) Note 2: The reception of the video and audio signal in mobile terminals may be altered depending on external parameters beyond Alcad's control (coverage, network traffic, service and network bandwidth, etc. ).
(***) Note 3: Once paired by QR scanning with a second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth mobile terminal ("secondary terminals"), the remote monitoring function will be disabled for all users. This functionality can be restored by unlinking the secondary mobile terminals.
4. Property rights and license to use
The copyrights, database rights and other intellectual property rights of all the Material and Trademarks included in or available through the Application are owned by Alcad or subject to its license. All rights reserved.
Alcad hereby grants you an international, non-exclusive, free and revocable license to use the Application for your business and personal use in accordance with these Conditions.
You may view, print or download excerpts of the Material for your personal use, but you may not copy, edit, change, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any way, or otherwise use the Material. without the express consent of Alcad.
You may not use, copy, edit, change, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trademarks without the prior written consent of Alcad or its group companies.
The Application is made available to you free of charge for your personal use, so it may not be used for any commercial purpose or for any illegitimate or unauthorized purpose.
Alcad reserves the right to modify or revoke the Application, or to charge you for the application or the service provided in accordance with these Conditions, at any time and for any reason.
You agree that the terms of the agreement with your respective mobile network provider will continue to apply when you use the Application. Accordingly, you may be charged by the mobile network provider for access to network connection services during connection when accessing the Application or any other third-party charges that may arise.
You assume responsibility for such charges that may arise.
6. Standards of conduct
When using the Application, you must comply with all local regulations in your country of residence, any other applicable international laws and these Conditions.
In particular, and without being exhaustive, you agree not to:
- Use the Application illegitimately or in a way that encourages illegal activity, including, but not limited to, copyright infringement; neither
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Application or to any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Application; neither
- Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the Application, nor reformat or frame any part of the pages that comprise the Application, except to the extent expressly permitted by these Conditions or the applicable legislation; neither
- Allow third parties on your behalf: i) to make and distribute copies of the Application; ii) attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the Application; or iii) create derivative works of the Application of any kind.
You agree to indemnify Alcad in full upon request for any losses, damages, costs or expenses that you incur or incur directly or indirectly as a result of using the Application in any way other than in accordance with these Conditions or applicable law.
7. System requirements
In order to use the Call Forwarding and Home Automation Control Service, the User must have an Alcad User Receiving Unit in their home / company from the IPAL product range, either KABI7 (MVC-230) or KABI10 (MVC-250). In addition, it requires a connection to a network with internet access (not included in the installation) to connect the receiving unit through its Wi-Fi, which can be a home / business connection, without the need for a community connection.
Audio / video communication may not work on some smartphone or tablet models. Currently, Android versions higher than 6.0 and iOS versions higher than 9.0 are required.
The services offered through the Application provide remote interaction with the User's Receiving Unit through the Internet network (WIFI or 3G-4G mobile data). In these cases, adequate performance and integration between the User's Receiving Unit and the Application may depend on:
- The quality of the Internet signal.
- The type of Internet access contract contracted by the owner.
- The type of data contract of your smartphone.
- The number of simultaneous accesses in the same IPAL installation.
When one of these 4 elements does not meet the specifications required in the technical operating manual of the product, Alcad will not assume any responsibility for any failure.
This Application is available for mobile devices with Apple iOS and Android OS operating systems. Alcad will do everything possible to make the Application available at all times. However, you agree that the Application is provided through the Internet and mobile networks, so the quality and availability of the Application may be affected by factors beyond Alcad's reasonable control.
Alcad and its group of companies will not assume any responsibility for the lack of availability of the Application, nor for any difficulty or impossibility of downloading or accessing content, or any other failure of the communication system that may derive from the lack of availability of the application.
9. Advertisers in the Application
We will not assume any responsibility for the advertisements contained in the Application. If you agree to purchase goods or services from any third party that is advertised on the Application, you will do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not Alcad, will be responsible for said goods or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse will be against the advertiser.
10. Suspension of service
Alcad reserves the right to suspend or cease the provision of any service related to the Application, with or without prior notice, and will not assume any responsibility to you if you choose to do so.
11. Limitation of liability
In no case will Alcad assume any responsibility for direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages or losses of any kind arising from your use or access to the Application, including the loss of benefits or similar, foreseen or not by the parties, and whether based on contractual or tort (including negligence) breach, product liability or otherwise.
Alcad will not assume any responsibility against you for damages or alterations to your equipment, including, without limitation, computer equipment, portable devices or mobile phones as a result of the installation or use of the Application.
12. Entire Agreement
These Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Alcad in relation to the use of the Application.
Alcad reserves the right to update these Conditions from time to time. In this case, the updated version will take effect immediately. You will assume the responsibility of periodically reviewing these Conditions so that you are aware of any changes in them and will be bound by the new policy through the continued use of the Application.
If any provision of these Conditions is considered by a competent court to be invalid or unenforceable, it will be interpreted as closely as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties, as reflected in the provision, and all other provisions will follow in force and with full effect.
14. Absence of resignation
Alcad's failure to exercise or apply any right or provision of these Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of said right or provision unless Alcad recognizes and accepts it in writing.
15. Applicable law and jurisdiction
These Conditions will be governed and interpreted in accordance with Spanish law and you agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish courts.
Are you interested in our products and solutions?